LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel report preview

Hi,

I am using Report Generation Tool kit for my Excel Report, I want to give the Print Option to User, before printing the documents the user likes to see the Preview of the document(as option in Excel and Other Application), Is there a possibility to generate a preview of the excel report before printing it? Please give me the solution if any one have. 

regards,
Suresh
Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,897 Views)

What you're looking for is not possible with any of the VIs in the Report Generation Toolkit, but you can do it with ActiveX.  In fact, someone just posted a VI (perhaps not coincidentally?) to the "Excel" thread in the Breakpoint forum that does this:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=BreakPoint&message.id=2391

Hope this helps,
-D

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,881 Views)
Perhaps you're looking for the actual "print preview" option you find in excel, but if it's just something for them to look at, could you not just create the report with the  "window state" input of the "New Report" vi set to normal or maximized?

I realize this allows the user to edit the document, but that can be avoided with some sneaky coding if you like.

This may be easier than using ActiveX, but then there is what Darren posted...  Just a thought.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,872 Views)

hi,

Thanks for your suggestions, i need same Print Preview option which is in Excel, it is ok if it possible to call that Print Preview option from Excel, Expecting Suggestions.

Regards,

Suresh S

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,861 Views)

Suresh,

The key to displaying the print preview screen is in ActiveX just like Darren said.  I wrote a quick program that opens an ActiveX reference to an excel file and then shows the print preview.

I hope this helps,
Justin D.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Message 5 of 10
(5,832 Views)
Hi justin,
Thanks for Your Code, your code is in L8.0, i tried that in L7.1, only excel file is opening no previewing but on L8.0 it is working fine(i can view the previewing)is it possible in L7.1

Regards,
Suresh S
Application Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,812 Views)

hi justin,

Sorry for my previous message, it was working in L7.1 also, since First sheet of excel is empty that problem occurs, now it is ok..Thanks for your support.. this really solves my problem

Regards,

Suresh S

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,808 Views)
hi Justin & Suresh,

can U pls repost those VIs saved for LV7.1 ?
I'm not having 8.0, so it doesn't open up.

Regards,
Partha.
- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
Message 8 of 10
(5,807 Views)

hi partha,

I have send the VI which i converted from L8.0 to L7.1..See attachment

Regards,

Suresh S

Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,783 Views)

Hi, all.

I'm interesting in showing an Excel print preview of a previously generated report, but I'd like to display it on an embedded ActiveX control. Do you know if it's possible? I'd like also to manipulate this preview window, remove the upper buttons, and transfer their functionality to LabView controls.

If not, do you know an alternative way of showing a report preview on the LabView front panel?

I've tried with a PDF display (see Display PDF in Dialog box in LabVIEW). It's almost perfect, but I can't find a way to remove menu toolbars or disable the run-time menu that it's part of the PDF reader application.

Any suggestion?

Regards,

Francisco

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,939 Views)