From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel footer

Solved!
Go to solution

Is it possible to insert a footer at the bottom of each sheet of an Excel workbook using the Report Generation Toolkit?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,582 Views)

There is a VI called Excel Set Page Numbering that writes to the footer.  You could modify that if you want more than page numbers put into it.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,564 Views)

I was curious about Set Page Number, so I took a look.  Turns out the code seems specific for Word 2007, and gets "down and dirty" with ActiveX.  I've never used Excel footers, so have no idea if this particular function (from the Excel-Specific Palette, but seemingly internally calling Word functionality, which, given Microsoft, might be just fine) works or not, but I'd be reluctant to mess with it ...

Bob "Niwa Tori" Schor (that's "chicken" in Japanese)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,550 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AT1

I found what I was looking for - Set Report Footer Text.vi from the Report Layout pallet.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,528 Views)

Oh Yeah, I went right for the Excel specific VIs and forgot about the Advanced Report pallete.  Glad you found what you needed.  Smiley Happy

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,505 Views)