LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel flashing when using table write

I'm monitoring 100 channels or so of data and would like to use Excel as the display. Using the "table write" vi, in the excel specific reports addon causes Excel to flash on every update.  Updates take place every second so it's pretty irritating.  The "text write" vi is too slow to use.  Is there some way to use the table write vi without Excel flashing on every update?  I tried the excel command Application.ScreenUpdating = False  in a macro in my template but that doesn't do anything.

Thanks, Mike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,173 Views)

No personal experience with this, just putting an idea out there - can you try setting ScreenUpdating within your LabVIEW code?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,157 Views)

Hard to tell without seeing your actual VI but my guess is that you are using the Excel Easy Table.vi in a loop. If you open the diagram of this vi you will see that there is a subVI called Set Report Font.vi in it, so for each iteration of your loop this subVI is reformatting the report font. That is probably what causes the blinking that you see. As a possible workaround you can create your own version of this vi without the Set Report Font function (note: it is a bad idea to try to modifiy directly the toolkit vi).

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,147 Views)

Nathand, not sure how I would do that.  I was using the "run macro"" vi in the toolkit.  Ben, I'll give that a try when I get back to work Monday.  Sounds promising  Thanks to you both

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,136 Views)

@Mike_Weber wrote:

Nathand, not sure how I would do that.  I was using the "run macro"" vi in the toolkit.

There's an Excel Get ActiveX References VI under the Excel specific functions in the Report Generation Palette.  From there you can get the application reference.  Put a property node on it and you can set the ScreenUpdating property.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,130 Views)