From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel Column Header

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all.

I am creating 7 columns data for every itteration from for loop.

My materialnumbers isnt constant. So`its can be 10 or 3. I can write all datas to spreadsheet without headers.

I need save my datas like attachment to excel. 

In this excel file headers creating automaticly.

Every for itteration i creating 1 material and 7 values (array values).

Thanks.

Kerem.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,789 Views)

Without one of the add-on toolkits you can not merge cells like the first row of your headers or color cells.

I believe the XLR8 add on will do that, maybe the NI MS Office Reports Toolkit  will too but I don't know.

Your second row is easy just write the headers to your file as strings once before you write any data. 

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,762 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

I can do second row with MS-Office Report Tools. 

But first row is problem still.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,731 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author keremgeliz

This can be done but needs to use Invoke and property nodes to access the Excel Object Model.

Once you have a reference to the Workseet use the Range Method to define the cells to merge then use the Merge method on the Range object to merge the cells

I have also used the range property to set the value and alignment (I dont know why but -4108 centres the text) and create an interior object in order to set the colour

Merge Example.png

Result

Merge Result.JPG

Message 4 of 7
(3,720 Views)

Unfortunately, ActiveX is no longer so well documented -- I had to struggle to get the ActiveX Help document to do anything in Windows 7 (worked much better in XP).  The Horizontal Alignment Property, according to Microsoft, can be any of the following xlHAlign constants:

xlHAlignCenter

xlHAlignCenterAcrossSelection

xlHAlignDistributed

xlHAlignFill

xlHAlignGeneral

xlHAlignJustify

xlHAlignLeft

xlHAlignRight

I couldn't get values for these.  However, I did find, on the Web, a reference for Office 2007 with values (and no explanation):

xlHAlignCenter                           -4108

xlHAlignCenterAcrossSelection          7

xlHAlignDistributed                     -4117

xlHAlignFill                                       5

xlHAlignGeneral                                1

xlHAlignJustify                           -4130

xlHAlignLeft                               -4131

xlHAlignRight                             -4152

Note that the numbers are either three-bit positive numbers or 6 bit numbers with the higher 10 bits all set (I'm assuming this is intended to be a U16 quantity).  On the other hand, it really only needs the lower six bits -- I wonder what would happen if you tried 52 instead of -4108 ...  Ahh, the wonders of Microsoft Abandonware ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,700 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

Unfortunately, ActiveX is no longer so well documented -- I had to struggle to get the ActiveX Help document to do anything in Windows 7 (worked much better in XP).  The Horizontal Alignment Property, according to Microsoft, can be any of the following xlHAlign constants:

xlHAlignCenter

xlHAlignCenterAcrossSelection

xlHAlignDistributed

xlHAlignFill

xlHAlignGeneral

xlHAlignJustify

xlHAlignLeft

xlHAlignRight

I couldn't get values for these.  However, I did find, on the Web, a reference for Office 2007 with values (and no explanation):

xlHAlignCenter                           -4108

xlHAlignCenterAcrossSelection          7

xlHAlignDistributed                     -4117

xlHAlignFill                                       5

xlHAlignGeneral                                1

xlHAlignJustify                           -4130

xlHAlignLeft                               -4131

xlHAlignRight                             -4152

Note that the numbers are either three-bit positive numbers or 6 bit numbers with the higher 10 bits all set (I'm assuming this is intended to be a U16 quantity).  On the other hand, it really only needs the lower six bits -- I wonder what would happen if you tried 52 instead of -4108 ...  Ahh, the wonders of Microsoft Abandonware ...

Bob Schor

You can find the values here.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,687 Views)

Thanks for your help.

Its seems complicated.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,623 Views)