LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel ActiveX error in exe: library not registered

Hi,

I wondered if any of you can help me as I'm at a bit of a loss. I have an application that is complied to exe, and installed with an installer in LabVIEW 8.5.1 that uses the Excel ActiveX interface to write to an xls file. In development and on all of my testing this seems to work fine (with Excel 03 and 07) but I have just received a bug report whereby on a particular install the following error has been thrown form my Open Excel VI (see attached code). Apparently it was working but this machine has recently upgraded some data management software (Goldmine 6.0 -> 7.5) and since then it hasn't worked.  The error generated is:

Error code:-2147319779
source: "Library not registered."

Troubleshooting is complicated a little as this is running as an exe and the source code seems to work fine on my development machine.

Any ideas would be GREATLY appriciated! smile.gif
(my current inclination is to ask the customer to resintall Office and Goldmine and then reinstall the LabVIEW app - so far he has only tried reinstalling the LabVIEW software)

Shaun

(this message is also posted on Lavag.org = http://forums.lavag.org/Excel-ActiveX-error-in-exe-library-not-registered-t11912.html)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,235 Views)

Hi Shaun,

From the error they are getting, this does not seem like a problem with your code. It sounds more like it has to do with the ActiveX objects from Excel. I am not sure what the Goldmine software is but I think reinstalling Excel should fix that. Make sure that the version of Excel they are using is the same as the one you tested.

Hope this helps!

Eli S.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 2 of 5
(4,208 Views)

Hi, I am running into same issue lately and not been to fix it yet with doing manual register.

I have tried multiple times unregestering and registering it, but it didn't help.

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\NI-Reports\nireports.dll"

Labview: 2012

Win 7 64 bit

Office 2010

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Error:

Library not registered.
in OPEN EXCEL APPLICATION.vi->Model_excel_auto_refnum_Read Spreadsheet File.vi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,449 Views)

Hi spirit.varun,

More details might be able to help us figure this out. Do you mean you are having the same issue in that you are getting the same error code but the situation that caused the error code is different? Or has the code previous been working fine but an update on your machine caused the code to throw an error (same situation as the original post)?

Rachael D.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,431 Views)

It would really help to see the relevant code, and to know which version of LabVIEW is being used.  I notice the original code was developed on LabVIEW 8.5, and the Poster mentions older versions of Office (and is writing an .xls instead of an .xlsx file), suggesting the original code is about 7 years old.

About 4 years ago, I got frustrated with trying to use ActiveX, and NI developed a much more robust Report Generation Toolkit.  I've adopted the RGT and haven't looked back.  Most of the weird errors I used to fight are gone, and building executables is (mostly) no pain (there's a small glitch that required manual OK-type intervention when you first encounter the Toolkit in a Build).  I'm guessing that it should be pretty easy to rewrite your code using the RGT in place of ActiveX, and I'm willing to help ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,420 Views)