Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel ActiveX Workbook VBProject Property

Solved!
Go to solution

nyc,

I will overview what happened:

1. My EXCEL installation is done via a packaged file from my University
  2. I began using ActiveX with EXCEL to import and export data however I was simply copying the property and invoke blocks  along with the ActiveX Refnums from other VI's I found on the internet WITHOUT linking them to the Object library on my computer.  (Someone who knew what they were doing would have placed a Refnum on the VI, pointed it to the Excel Object Library, and then derived all of the invoke/property blocks by wiring and selecting the methods/objects respectively.) 
  3. I posted on the forum asking simply the steps required to get the VBProperties block since I had no idea where my problem was.
  4. You responded with the fact that (A) I needed to learn how to represent VBA in LabVIEW or (B) there was an error associating my blocks with the Object Library
  5. I did research and found that when placing the Automation refnum you must associate it with the Object Library, but mine wasn't found in the dropdown list of accessable libraries.
  6. Upon further digging I found that the Excel Object Library is packaged into my EXCEL.exe file and all I needed to do to access it was point my Automation Refnum to it
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(953 Views)

@DrNO23 wrote:

nyc,

I will overview what happened:

1. My EXCEL installation is done via a packaged file from my University
  2. I began using ActiveX with EXCEL to import and export data however I was simply copying the property and invoke blocks  along with the ActiveX Refnums from other VI's I found on the internet WITHOUT linking them to the Object library on my computer.  (Someone who knew what they were doing would have placed a Refnum on the VI, pointed it to the Excel Object Library, and then derived all of the invoke/property blocks by wiring and selecting the methods/objects respectively.) 
  3. I posted on the forum asking simply the steps required to get the VBProperties block since I had no idea where my problem was.
  4. You responded with the fact that (A) I needed to learn how to represent VBA in LabVIEW or (B) there was an error associating my blocks with the Object Library
  5. I did research and found that when placing the Automation refnum you must associate it with the Object Library, but mine wasn't found in the dropdown list of accessable libraries.
  6. Upon further digging I found that the Excel Object Library is packaged into my EXCEL.exe file and all I needed to do to access it was point my Automation Refnum to it

I still don't understand what you mean by a packaged file.

Which version of Excel?  Yet again, you don't supply this information.

And yet again no VI from you.

Your Excel Object Library is packaged into your Excel.exe?  I don't understand this.

All of this sounds very fishy.

Perhaps your university is doing something without actually buying/paying for Microsoft Office. 

I have worked at several companies that use Microsoft Office, and I have never seen the behavior you are describing.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(946 Views)

nyc,

EXCEL 2013

What version of Excel are you basing your assumption off?  What is the filename of your Excel Object Library?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(935 Views)