LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exaprom PDF error in deployed application path and permission error, how to solve this?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everybody

I´m new with exaprom pdf and Im writing, because I have got an issue using the exaprom pdf in a deployed application. I read a lot of information in the NI forums but trying all the advices I cant still work with the exe file, and according to other uforum user I created a new thread...

I follow the instructions dor exaprom PDF. the exaprom pdf works  fine when Im working in the vi, thats mean, it is possible, to save the pdf in the desired location. 

The goal is run the app in a PC without labview only the run time... Then I created the exe file, adding the iTextSharp.dll like is described in the manual like this:

Inline image 1

In build specifications I configured the  iTextSharp.dll as "always included" 

Inline image 2

When I run the application  both  iTextSharp.dll configured same as caller or support directory the result...without success, the section corresponding to PDF generation dont workbecause in any part appears the question to the user in order to know the final path for the pdf, like I say, in the vi this part works great.

As flag, I added a numeric indicator in sequence in order to identify if the vi of reporting works fine... and I surprised because the vi execute 100%, but in any time the system shows the pop up for path destination in the exe file 😞

Inline image 3

So I tried another plan... I found something... an error, I was following the error the 1172 error, saying to me something like "path is incorrect" and when I select a static path the 1172 is "You havent permission to save data", but  in any time this path is asked.
How can I solve this issue?
I need to add the iTextSharp.dll in the final PC?
It is correct my build specification?
Could the foum members  give me some advices?

Thanks a lot, I will be waiting for any advice, instruction or request in order to solve this condition.

Best regards

Carlos Moreno
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,885 Views)

Could you post your VI for the report generation?

Which version of LabVIEW do you have  and what is your operating system?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,869 Views)

Hi Jean -Marc

Thanks for your attention in order to help me, Im sending the vi for pdf generation, is a 5 sheets report and works great in the vi file, but like I commented in the deployed version no.

I'm using Labview 2014 and my operative system is windows 8.1.

I will be waiting for any advice or additional request.

Thanks again for your help.

Best regards.

Carlos Moreno

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,831 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cjmg1982

In the runtime system (executable) you have to specify a valid path.  If you want the same behavior (development system), you will have to modify:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2014\vi.lib\Exaprom PDF\VIs\Low level\File Low level\File Dialog.vi

File Dialog.jpg

To be honest, I don't remember why it is not the same behavior...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,793 Views)

That is strange.  I've never used the built in File Dialog, all my PDFs had their paths generated with a timestamp so I passed the full path into it.  Looking at the code it does do different things when it is in an EXE and one of those is that it doesn't prompt you to select a path to save.  This is pulled from the help in that VI.

<b>Run Time System</b>

No dialog box.
No verification for file writes permission.
If the directory is not valid: "Default Data Directory" + "PDF Report" directory (Default Data Directory/ PDF Report).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,778 Views)

Hi Everybody

Finally I create a constant path in the file file dialog.vi with destination folder in my documents as J-M advice... works great, I can manage this, so thank you very much for your help.

Best regards.

Carlos 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,698 Views)