LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exaprom PDF: Problem with "Print PDF.vi"

Hello

I have a problem with the VI "Print PDF" from the program package "Exaprom PDF". It worked all fine but from one day to the other LabView crashed everytime I started it. Installing a newer version (2011 -> 2013) had no effect. I worked out, that the problem is only with the VI "Print PDF.vi". All the other VIs work fine. Reinstalling or installing from another source had no effect. So the VI seems to be without a defect. Changing the default printer also had no effect. The message from LabView is:

"Access violation (0xC0000005) bei EIP=0x62FB9996"

I'm running out of ideas.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,471 Views)

Personally, I would download a PDF print driver like CutePDF, PDF995, or any of a bunch of others, and just have LV print to it using the standard printing functions. Check the forum, there are examples shoing how to programatically change the selected printer, if that's an issue.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,452 Views)

Do you have Adobe Acrobat installed on your PC?

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,446 Views)

@mikeporter: I already tried a few software products. This was the only one which worked to automatically print a VI Window into a file which is also automatically named. Cause this is the issue with the other programs. You can print, but you can't automatically name and save the files. 

But I will give it a try.

@ben64: Adobe Acrobat is installed already and also others. That's not the problem. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,417 Views)

There are other packages that can automatically generate file names. One I have used before is PDFCreator:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,396 Views)

I have the same problem. I use Labview 2013 and the most recent version of adobe reader (XI). Was there any developpement during June?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,253 Views)

As far as I know, Same Problem: Same Solution

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,247 Views)

The problem was of another kind as I thought at first. Not LabView was the problem but the PC. I had to reinstall the whole image. After that everything was fine again. I'm still using Exaprom PDF. I attached the VI for you. Have a look and try.

Best wishes.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,217 Views)

Could you save the VI in LV2009?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,202 Views)