LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Example finder kills network connection

I strange error I'm getting, both in LV2013 and LV2014 (I'm using the evaluation versions).

Opening the labview example finder kills my network connection permanently until I reboot. Then after reboot, the network takes a minute or two to come up, which is longer than normal.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,651 Views)
What kind of network connection do you have?
What OS?
Did this ever work?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,622 Views)

Hi Mike,

It's a new Windows7 laptop. Only had it a couple of weeks and no network problems until LabVIEW was installed. No, LabVIEW example finder has never worked on this machine. It's a wireless connection.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,616 Views)

When the connection goes bad is there any change in its status in the Windows wireless manager? Does your laptop have a hardware wireless enable switch? If you turn you wireless off and then back on, anything different? Have you tried this with a hardwired network connection? Does it do it with any WIFI connection?

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,609 Views)

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the delay, however I wanted to get a better idea of what was going on before posting.

I haven't tried this with a wired connection, but I have now identified the behaviour as follows:

1. Wireless freezes after 10-20 minutes of the computer being on. I don't even have to launch LabVIEW. Anything that tries to access freezes, e.g. Firefox never launches, a ping in a command window never returns etc.

2. Wireless still shows up as connected and with a signal. Running windows diagnostic on the connection shows no problem.

3. Disconnecting the wireless and reconnecting shows there is a problem- it shows as unavailable after trying to reconnect.

4. Uninstalling LabVIEW and all associated software removes the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,537 Views)

In addition to the post above, the LabVIEW uninstall froze at various stages saying it could not uninstall various NI associated services (sorry, I forgot to write the names down). To successfully uninstall, I set all the services to 'disabled (at startup)' and rebooted.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,528 Views)
Well it looks like you have your problem: a bad install. If LV can't even uninstall itself, something is dramatically wrong.

Just to cover all your bases, I would run chkdsk on the drive to make sure everything is kosher, and run a utility such as ccleaner on the registry to see if it finds any problems.

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,507 Views)