From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eventstructure confused by different lock frontpanel preferences

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I've encounterd a Problem, which might be a bug in Labview. I'm using LV 2011.

I have got a eventstructure within a whileloop. Eventcase A should not lock the frontpanel. Eventcase B should lock the fp. Here is the Problem:

First I trigger A und the fp isn't locked. While A is calculating I trigger B and even though B is not runnig yet the fp is already locked. This make no sense to me. Is this bug fixed in LV2012?

I attached an example.

Yours

Matthias

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,375 Views)
Solution
Accepted by steinhagelvoll

Nope, that is normal behavior.  Once an event with the fp lock has been triggered, the front panel will be locked until that event case has completed.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(2,369 Views)

That's how it is intended to work.  The lock happens from the instant the event is triggered, not just while it is being handled.  If you don't want that then you must turn it off.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,367 Views)

This is expected behavior. You have several issues in the code regarding your event structure which are covered in the caveats of event structures.

The ones you break are:

Additional, i suggest you to change the mechanical action of the boolean controls to latch (instead of switch) since a switch always should indicate a toogle function.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,366 Views)