LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Events structures with clusters?

Thanks Ed. For the certification exam I am sure you are right. However, for the rest of those viewing this thread who just want to get an application running both as optimally as possible as well as the fastest time to market and maintanability etc. Take this message home.

Ed has one way of doing it, I have another way. They both work for each of us. So just keep in mind that there is always more than one way to do something and you really should benchmark both for your own needs and decide.

-EF
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(461 Views)
I took the liberty to slightly modify Ed's example to get a better grip on these issues. (It is also better to disable debugging and crank up the priority to compete less with other processes).

It is important to vary the iteration counts of the outer and inner loop to get a better picture. With an outer loop of 1000 and an inner loop of 10, the property versions are about 25x slower than the wire version. This can get significant! It is like going back to a 200MHz Pentium 1 😉

The timing differences are lower of the array sizes increase.

One puzzling thing is the fact that the local variable version seems to be always faster than the wired version. Very interesting!

(Use: Select iteration counts, press "Test!", wait for results)
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(453 Views)