LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Events in a Tab

Some points:

• Never trap exeution inside an event structure. It is a bad idea to have interactive while loops inside event structures.
  • Even if unchecking "lock front panel" works around it does not make it any better.
  • All you probably need is the outer while loop and an event structure. You can use e.g. the timeout event for acquisition.
  • You clearing of the history has a potential race condition, because there is no guarantee that it happens before the while loop starts (or after it ends). SInce there is no data dependency, it will run parallel with the while loop, potentially causing unpredictable results. Use the error cluster to force a data dependency.
  • The terminal of latch action booleans should typically be placed inside their event case
  • You don't need an empty timeout case, just create an event for the outer stop button.
Message 11 of 13
(935 Views)

Hi there,

I'm not sure what from this thread relates to me exactly if any of it at all.. So I'm just going to put my problem out there and see if any one can help!!

Basically what I have at the moment, is that the user will pick a number which corresponds to a tab number. From this the code within that tab will execute, updating the values within that tab.

What I want to have happen, is that the user can just click on the tab and it will automatically update those values, instead of them having to pick the number first, then going to the tab.

Any idea as to how this could be done?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(673 Views)

Oh gosh, never mind my last comment i think i figured that one out.... Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(668 Views)