From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event structure not executed on a subvi

hi there,
I have created a subvi with an Event structure based on a "Value change". If I am using this subvi in a main vi the Event structure it is not executed at all. Why is that happening? Is there any solution, so that I can use this structure.

thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,489 Views)
Hi,

I'm not sure I understand you.
Can you post your code?

Regards,
Paulo.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,484 Views)

The value change event does not happen whenever the value changes. It is only fired if the user changes the value of the control. It can also be fired by using the Value (Signaling) property for the control.

In general, you should not use event structures which wait for user events in VIs which don't have their front panels open (unless you know what you're doing).

(2,484 Views)
I would definately follow tst's advice regarding where to use event structures, but it sounds like your problem might be that you are trying to control a value change event in a subvi for a control/indicator on the front panel.  If this is the case, use references and the property node's value property to update real time the associated control/indicator in the sub vi.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,478 Views)