LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event structure inside while loop preventing the loop from running

Ok, so the space bar is strictly for stopping everything and then you want to save all the accumulated data to Excel?

Does is have to be a xlsx file?  I would recommend a csv file.  A CSV is a text file that uses commas as a delimeter.  And Excel will automatically open them too.  The reason I am saying to go this route is because text files are very easy to append to.  So you create/replace/open the file before your loop, format your data, and write to the file.  When the program is done, you just close the file.  I'll try to get an example coded up soon.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(661 Views)

Ok, here's my quick example.  I am only showing part of the consumer loop.  I just wanted to emphasize the file write for the example.  Let me know if something doesn't make sense.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(657 Views)

You may have forgotten to attach it...

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(652 Views)

Smiley EmbarassedThat's what happens when I'm distracted...

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(646 Views)

Hey crossrulz, do you mind attaching that code? I don't recognize all the VIs and having context help might be a bit faster.

Thanks,

xander

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(612 Views)

What I posted is called a snippet.  If you download it, you can copy the file into a VI and the code automagically appears.  But here's an actual VI (saved in 2011).

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(607 Views)

That is some black magic voodoo **bleep**.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(603 Views)