LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event in 1st "While Loop" must stop 2nd "While Loop"

Not-keeping default values issues resolved: I had been mistaken - being in harry, instead of save as default values I made "default types".

But neverteless even I restart VI, the old values for frequency and amplitude still remain.

Does exist something like TOTAL RESET of VI.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 24
(1,336 Views)

@Pavel_47 wrote:

Not-keeping default values issues resolved: I had been mistaken - being in harry, instead of save as default values I made "default types".

But neverteless even I restart VI, the old values for frequency and amplitude still remain.

Does exist something like TOTAL RESET of VI.

Is its either:

"right-click...data operations...make current values default"

or

"select control...menu...edit...make selected values default"

What do you mean by "total reset of VI"?

You can do "menu...edit...reinitialize values to default", but that won't clear uninitialized shift registers or chart histories. You can also do it programmatically with an invoke node.  If you have done some editing, you can do "menu...file...revert". 

Why don't you attach your code?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 24
(1,320 Views)

Unfortunately I can't test your suggestions because already at home and have no access to device ... will try it tomorrow.

But I kept the code (in attachment).

By "total reset" I mean some action the put VI in a state as if it was just created (just before 1st run) ... all buffers are empty, all variables are at theirs initial states, etc.

Because what I observed make me think that some history traces are active and influence the VI behavior.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 24
(1,299 Views)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 24
(1,276 Views)

Because a property node runs about 100 times slower than a local variable.

If you don't need the features of having the error wire, or havint the ability to programmatically select the control reference that the property node applies to, then there are no advantages to the value property node and only disadvantages.

The second part of what you say "

Message 15 of 24
(1,269 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

Because a property node runs about 100 times slower than a local variable.

If you don't need the features of having the error wire, or havint the ability to programmatically select the control reference that the property node applies to, then there are no advantages to the value property node and only disadvantages.

The second part of what you say "

Indeed I know about what you told but I don think that they make problem in such condition but your text was really complete and helpful about it 
thank you for that 

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 24
(1,258 Views)

Dynamic Events, Queues, Notifiers, FGVs are examples of design patterns to stop multiple loops in parallels and to be sure to avoid race conditions (well .. almost ..). LV Core 2 taught you some of these, have a look at it.

Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 24
(1,237 Views)

Pavel_47: How are you stopping your vi?

You have a loop that can never be stopped, due to the False constant that you have wired to the Conditional stop terminal.

If you use the Abort button, then stop doing that now. Your DAQ clean up code will never run, that the DAQ tasks will never stop.
Check your error wires for any errors in the system.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 24
(1,221 Views)

Hello A

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 24
(1,218 Views)

Hello Dkfire,

It looks like cycle of 2 steps:

I start VI and it stops itself

Then I restart it, nothing happens and I click on "Abort Execution"

Then this 2-step behavior repeat.

But what is surprising - this morning I run the VI after powering both - USB-6343 and PC with LabVIEW ... and it still started with amplitude/frequency that I saved as default YESTERDAY.

Concerning errors ... I have 2 error paths on generating and acquiring - nothing happens (at least no error message appear)

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 24
(1,209 Views)