Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event Structure with Event source: <This VI> and Event: Mouse Up

Try this.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
Message 11 of 26
(1,407 Views)

Thank you! Actually I did try it that way, too, but I couldn't see the Mouse Up, see the attached screenshot. Where did you get it from? Is it copy/pasted from some older version? 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 26
(1,395 Views)

Dirk@LV wrote:

Thank you! Actually I did try it that way, too, but I couldn't see the Mouse Up, see the attached screenshot. Where did you get it from? Is it copy/pasted from some older version? 

You can wire a ref of the numeric control to get the mouse up-event and then change the ref.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 26
(1,380 Views)

@Yamaeda wrote:

Dirk@LV wrote:

You can wire a ref of the numeric control to get the mouse up-event and then change the ref.

/Y

That works but sounds like a bug (uhmmm, I mean "Feature")

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 14 of 26
(1,373 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

@Yamaeda wrote:

Dirk@LV wrote:

/Y

That works but sounds like a bug (uhmmm, I mean "Feature")

Not having the event option in 2010 (where i checked it) can also be considered a bug, so let's call it even. 😉

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 26
(1,367 Views)

Hi Yamaeda, if I try that with a structure freshly created in LV2012, the event input switches back to defaults, and the mouse up event is gone. I tried the same with Pauls structure, and it seemed to work a couple of times, but now -even after restarting LV- I can't reproduce it. Spooky. I tried re-wiring as well as "Link to" to switch from the slider ref (which has Mouse Up) and the This VI ref. So I still suspect that the Register for Events node somehow inherits functionality from an older LV version, until it becomes updated to LV2012. Or so...

Dirk

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 26
(1,364 Views)

The MouseUp event for a VI reference was 'removed' (I think when they added panes).  In order not to break old VIs that use it, they just removed it from the menu choices; it still exists under the hood.  I have a (dangerous) utility that let's me mess with the properties of practically anything.  I used it to change the Register For Events node.

Message 17 of 26
(1,350 Views)

I would not mind that in a PM attachment

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 26
(1,341 Views)

I'll think about it.  I am reluctant to post dangerous code.  It can leave LabVIEW in an unstable state.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 26
(1,314 Views)

Trust me:)

I understand dangerous.  PM or e-mail

I thought you had a few tricks up your sleve

Message 20 of 26
(1,301 Views)