LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event Structure Question

Instead of just quoting some text and say not to following some advice, give some alternative examples of what he can use in your opinion to prevent having to use locals.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(253 Views)

andre.buurman@carya wrote:

Instead of just quoting some text and say not to following some advice, give some alternative examples of what he can use in your opinion to prevent having to use locals.

It would be much easier to give advice if he posted his code. And what exactly would you propose? We don't have a clear idea of what he is doing, what his code looks like or what exactly he wants to do. Also, rehashing topics that have been discussed countless number of times is not very productive either. I, like most people here, are volunteering our time and don't have the luxury of having tons of time to write in depth examples and tutorials. It is always easier to offer advice if we have something to look at rather than some brief textual descriptions.

There are numerous ways to eliminate using local variables. Easiest is to use good data flow and use the wires and shift registers on loops when necessary. Passing data between parallel tasks can be accomplished using notifiers, queues or user events. To learn more about these topics he can look through the shipping examples. He could also go through the online tutorials.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
Message 12 of 13
(227 Views)

The last paragraph points him in particular directions he can explore (exactly what I mean). I share your thought that he could better post some code to get more to the point feedback.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(222 Views)