LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EthernetIP read tag to double

Hi everyone,

I'm using E/IP read tag blocks (type REAL) in my Labview 2014 vi.  I'm attempting to take the data from these and bundle them into a cluster, where the inputs for them are doubles.  So far, I haven't found a conversion that satisfies Labview.  

Any thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Nick 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,701 Views)

I'm not understanding your issue.  You can't figure out how to use Bundle or Bundle By Name to create a cluster?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,684 Views)

I've got a bundle block with some double slots to cram data in.  The data type coming from my EthernetIP tag read is a real type.  

Thinking about it some more, I believe I've hit this kind of issue.  I'm forgetting that the data that comes out of a read tag isn't just a variable.  It's an array consisting of an index and the data I want.  That's probably the issue.  Take a look at the bottom middle of this block diagram.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,664 Views)

Yep, you are reading an array of values.  And array cannot go directly into a scaler.  You probably just need to use Index Array since you are only reading a single sample.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 4
(2,657 Views)