LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet/IP with AB Compact Logix

HI,

I am attempting to get an ethernet connection between Labview and a AB Compact Logix. I have loaded the NI Ethernet/IP drive and convigured my network adapter. I have a very simple Read block and simple Write block that I would like to use to send and receive data.  I can ping from either end of the network to the other devices. I can not communicate from Labview to the network. I get errors saying I have an invalid segment.

Questions:

- When I set up the Ethernet Write or Read VI it wants a network path. I assume that this is looking for the Compact Logix IP address 192.168.58.1 plus it wants a port and slot which the Compact logix does not have. What should my path be.

- I have created two tags in my RSLogix. Dummy Input and Dummy Output. The same LV VIs want a Tag name. The help talks about syntax used in other processors. What would my correct syntax be for the Compact Logix address scheme?

I have attached my simple test read program here.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,715 Views)

Hi,

All questions related to Ethernet/IP are supported on the Industrial Communications board (only). I encourage you to redirect your post to the appropriate channel.

Regards,

Alejandro C. | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,686 Views)