LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet IP, initiating session?

Does anybody know when can we expect updated driver EthernetIP.

Explicit communication is too slow, it would be nice if I could initiate an I/O instance for implicit messaging!!

Is there another way to create fast produced/consumed connection with EthernetIP device? using some other libraries or .dll-s?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,429 Views)

Ethernet/IP is based on TCP/UDP - you can use the native TCP/UDP functions in LabVIEW and implement the protocol yourself.

According to the page for the Ethernet/IP toolkit - it has an API for implicit I/O data (http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/209676).

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 2 of 4
(3,416 Views)

If you need speed try packing all of your tags into an assembly, and then use the GetAssemblyInstanceData and SetAssemblyInstanceData VIs. I used this method on a previous project and was able to update data (get and set) every 10ms without issue.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,399 Views)

That is correct Labview Addon for EthernetIP support implicit messaging, but only as adapter. It can not initiate session with peripheral device like Beckhoff BK 9055, AB Point IO and other devices that behave like "adaptor".

I thought that if there were some .dll-s for ethernetIP stack-scanner, I could integrate them in LabView like it is done in DAQmx functions. They use .dll-s.

Some operations PLC just can't preform and labview is perfect for that.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,364 Views)