LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EtherNet IP Communication

Solved!
Go to solution

Much appreciated, so I just had to send a boolean array with the first element set to my desired input, and the tag gets written.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(2,110 Views)

I'm trying to read data from I/O Murr cube 20 BN- E/IP DI8 (Ethernet/IP), I can communicate using the VIs posted before, but how can I read I/O data in LabVIEW? Someone Knows address for Ethernet/IP I/O?

Best Regards,

Raphael

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(2,067 Views)

Hi Raphael,

To read I/O data, have you considered working with Shared Variables? here is a good article explaining how to use shared variables to read I/O data using NI Publish-Subscribe Protocol (NI-PSP) http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/lvconcepts/ni_psp/

Also, I'm a little confused by your question "Someone Knows address for Ethernet/IP I/O?", could you be a little more clear on which address you are refering to? Thanks!

Aldo A
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(2,042 Views)

Hi Aldo A,

The device has 8 analog imputs and I'm trying to read that with LabVIEW. This device uses Ethernet/IP protocol to communicate with other devices (a Rockwell PLC for exemple). My question is how can I read that analog imputs direct form I/O with labVIEW using Ethernet/IP protocol?

Thanks,

Raphael

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(2,026 Views)

Hi Raphael,

thanks for the clarification, for Ethernet/IP protocol comm., I want to point you to our driver available here: http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/209676, this driver integrates with LabVIEW which can handle both explicit messaging and I/O data communication.

In addition, you can take a look at this forum at NI Community https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-4065 which dives into a little more detail on the VIs associated with this driver.

Hope this helps!

Aldo A
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(2,017 Views)

I am trying to communicate cRIO (9025 and 9118 Chassis)  to Allen Bradley controlLogic PLC.  I was able to communicate with no issue using the setup  in Figure 1 and Ethernet/IP toolkit. The successful result is shown in Figure 2. The problem I have is when I tried to use a router per setup shown in Figure 3.

Has anyone successfully established a communication to and from NI to Allen Bradley via router as shown in Figure 3?

Thanks in advance

Henry A.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(1,993 Views)

Hi Henry,

From where I'm seeing this, it looks like it could be an issue involving the router specifically.  I'd like to try to gather some additional info on that and check to see if there's any kind of a descriptive message regarding the connection failure.  

Also, I'd like to recommend putting this information into a new thread, ideally complete with this post.  

Regards,

-Dave C

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(1,963 Views)

DaVe,

Due to other priorities, I had to differ that development to the near future.

I will post router setup as soon as I am back on it.

Thanks for the reply.

Regards,

Henry

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(1,945 Views)

Hello,

I'm using a cRIO-9068 and a Control Logix 1756-L72 trying to send tags to and from the cRIO. With the Ethernet/IP driver software, I have 3 different VIs that I can use:

1. Assembly Instance VI

2. Tag Write VI

3. Tag Read VI

With option #1 as far as I can tell, I cannot setup anything but SINTs. Is there a way to override this to allow DINTs or REALs? I could use options 2 and 3, but I would rather write implicitly over the network than write/read explicitly.

Tony

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(1,631 Views)

Hello Tony, 

This thread is nearly 2 years old. I recommend posting in a newer thread or creating your own within the Industrial Communications section of the community for a better response. 

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(1,605 Views)