LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EtherNet IP Communication

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm evaluating Labview right now to see if it's what my company wants to use.  I'm trying to test out Ethernet/IP communication to a AB CompactLogix and keep getting a CIP error.

I can't get a clear idea of what the error actually means.

I've attached a screenshot of the error window.  Any ideas?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One Robot at a Time...
Message 1 of 20
(6,713 Views)
is "0" a port name? and is valid? can it be accessible from other applications?
Regards
Guru (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(6,666 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author leith
Message 3 of 20
(6,657 Views)

I originally interpreted the first slot in the backplane as zero, when it should have been 1.  Also didn't realize there was a third parameter for the network path.

Thanks for the help!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One Robot at a Time...
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(6,632 Views)

I'm trying to read IO from a AB/Rockwell 1794-AENT/B Ethernet/IP interface module with an 8 port analog module attached.  I've gotten my VI to where I can read the status register and identify that I'm talking to the interface module.  I can't seem to figure out how to read the IO module data.  Can anyone share an example VI?

Thanks.

Greg

G Yotz
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(6,396 Views)

I'm talking directly to the 1794-AENT/B and there isn't a PLC in the system.  Just the PC and the Ethernet IP IO module.

Greg

G Yotz
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(6,395 Views)

Greg, did you get it to work?  I'm trying to do the same with LabVIEW on a PC talking directly to the 1794-AENT/B with I/O.

Thanks, Tony

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(6,314 Views)

The only thing I have been able to do so far is read the 1794-AENT/B information registers.  Model, versions etc.

Greg

G Yotz
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(6,279 Views)

Hello,

I have the Ethernet/IP driver kit installed, and am able to do tag reads, however, I can't seem to get the tag writes correctly.  Can I get some help as to possibly format the informatio? I'd like to pass a boolean to a bool bit in the PLC.

PLC - AB Micrologix

Address: 192.168.1.1,1,0 (Reads just fine with this address entered)

Tag: HMIStartStop (String, also reads just fine)

Data passed:  array of booleans, all false, 9 elements.

I don't get an error, but I also don't get any updated tag from the PLC.  It currently stays at 1, and I want to drive it to 0.

Any would would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(5,710 Views)

Maybe this will help. 

Message 10 of 20
(5,664 Views)