From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EtherCAT Synchronization

Hi all,

I have a PXIe system, with PXIe-8135 as the controller. The second Ethernet port is set as an EtherCAT port. I'm using EtherCAT to control and monitor a series of third-party servo motors, via their controller. Everything works okay except for one issue that I have no idea how to resolve... Which is, every time my PXI system resets, I need to power-cycle the driver. Else, I couldn't communicate properly with controllers. I've contacted the third-party motion vendor and they said that the problem lies in the synchronization between the PXIe and the controller - that every time PXI restarts, the synchronization is off and thus, there are some critical functions that I will not be able to perform. My questions are:

1. Is this claim true? I thought after the PXIe restarts, the communication resets itself and so will the communication/synchronization mechanism. 

2. If the above claim is true, is there a way for me to reset the communication so that I do not need to power-cycle the controllers? I've tried down to changing the online device state and scan engine mode but to no avail.

3. Is there a proper shutdown procedure for EtherCAT, from LabVIEW's stand point? I suspect that maybe my shutdown procedure before restarting the PXIe wasn't correct and that leads to this issue.

That's all I have for now. Thanks in advance.

Shazlan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,292 Views)