LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors with VI after down converting from 2009 to 8.x and porting from Windows to Linux

Hi All,

I'm pretty new to Labview so I've been trying to learn along the way. I've been tasked with porting a .VI that my supervisor developed on Windows to a Linux machine. The ultimate goal would be to build an executable that would be able to run on Linux based VMEs. The .VI was developed on Labview 2009 and the Linux machine has Labview 8.2. From what I understand I would need to downconvert the .VI in 2009 to be compatible with 8.2, then from there I would compile the .VI on 8.2 in Linux and create the executable.

After having downconverted the .VI I tried to run the .VI to see if the program still worked/if any parts were broken. Unfortunately, it seems like after having downconverted and porting to Linux the program is unable to communicate over TCP/IP with the module that the program was designed to work with. My supervisor ran the debugging application where it showed the progress of the data as it travelled along the block diagram and it seems to break at the TCP write blocks.

The error that I've recieved was Error 56 at TCP Read in WriteThenReadRegister.vi->E_LINAC_BPM_REV.1.0.vi

Possible reasons: labview: the network operation exceeded the user-specified or system time limit.

We've tested the connection outside of Labview and the Linux VME can definitely communicate with the module in xterm.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to start trouble shooting this? 

When I performed the downconvert operation I recieved a bunch of warnings that stated:

C:\BPM_Labview_Files\My_LabVIEW\New folder\E_LINAC_BPM_Rev.1.0 Folder\E_LINAC_BPM_Rev.1.0.vi (E_LINAC_BPM_Rev.1.0.vi)
The object "Increment" does not support output configuration in the previous version.
The object "Divide" does not support output configuration in the previous version.
The object "Increment" does not support output configuration in the previous version.
The object "Divide" does not support output configuration in the previous version.
The object "Multiply" does not support output configuration in the previous version.
The object "Boolean Array To Number" does not support output configuration in the previous version.
The object "Multiply" does not support output configuration in the previous version.
The object "Boolean Array To Number" does not support output configuration in the previous version.
C:\BPM_Labview_Files\My_LabVIEW\New folder\E_LINAC_BPM_Rev.1.0 Folder\PowerScan.vi (PowerScan.vi)
The object "Subtract" does not support output configuration in the previous version.

Thanks in advance,

Jason.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,293 Views)

I guess I should also post the .VIs in case someone could give some insight as to what's breaking.

Again, I need to downconvert this from 2009 to 8.2 to run on a linux machine.

In the mean time I'll be playing around with the "save as previous version" and the tool kit options.

Thanks again in advance.

Jason.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,276 Views)
The warnings are irrelevant. They are normal and don't have anything to do with the error. Not at all a question for this board. Try posting to the LabVIEW board. Perhaps someone with LabVIEW for Linux will have some insight.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,269 Views)
Moved from Conversion board.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,263 Views)

I think if your downconversion has toolkit dependencies, you will run into trouble.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,258 Views)