From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors when Programmatically Deploying a Shared Variable on a Real-Time Target

When I deploy a library using the invoke node above. If the library contains variables which are network published or single process it will deploy fine.

But if the library contains variables which are I/O Aliased. Then i recieve an error:

Error -2147467259 occurred at Invoke Node in Test Deploy.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  (Hex 0x80004005) Unspecified error.
=========================
NI System Configuration:  (Hex 0x80004005) Miscellaneous operation failure.

Method Name: Library:Deploy Library

But if I deploy the same library thru the project explorer it works just fine.

Ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,857 Views)

I (sadly) gave up on deploying NSV.  I actually had a scheme that seemed to work (though it was annoying to wait for the deployment each time I ran the program), and it completely failed when I tried to do this from an executable.  So now I say "LabVIEW Project Is My Friend" three times a day ...

BS

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,840 Views)

Hi teslaaaa,

it's a couple of hour that I'm looking for a topic talking about deploying shared variables and finally get your!

The problem is the same: if I try to programmatically send a library with a shared variable which is I/O aliased the system return error code -2147467259.

I see that the data of first post is one year old, maybe you (or someone) finally got solution and would share it with the community 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,635 Views)

Unfortunatly no great fix was found, NI documented the error and put it in a list of potential fix's, but i dont believe it has ever been fixed.

My work around was to deploy all modules and channels from the project exporer window. Create a real time application, make it "run as start up", then reboot the chasis. I then verified that the program was running on the chassis.

Then I created an image of that chassis with the  "Create system image.vi" 

Then from your UI.vi in the intialize case i would check the chassis to see if it was running the real time application already (VIA a UDP heart beat check) , and if not then have it deploy the image, and reboot the chassis.

This is not a great fix, because it takes 3-4 minutes to deploy an image. So every time you need to load a new program into your chassis it will take 3-4 minutes before the UI can communicate with it. Not ideal

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,618 Views)

My mileage varies.  As I wrote earlier, my Network Shared Variables are hosted on my Remote Target.  When I build the executable for the Remote (a .RTEXE file), I specify it as "Run as Startup".  I also have the Remote program set so when it exits, it reboots itself.

Now when I run my Host program (assuming that the Remote is already powered on), it is instantly available for connecting.  Even if I forget to turn the Remote on (and thus my Host "hangs" waiting for the Target), it takes less than a minute for my Remote to boot and start running its StartUp code, which is the Remote Executable.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,606 Views)