LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors 363500 and 56 on HTTPS GET.vi

Hello,

I'm trying to execute my program, but it keeps pausing every few minutes primarily due to errors 56 and 363500 of the HTTPS Client Library. Using General Error Handler I tried to cancel these errors and make the VI run and try again; however, they still pop up and pause my program. I believe that is due to a "Simple Error Handler.vi" or a command inside the library of function GET.vi (this function is found under Protocols under HTTP Client). Attached are screen shots of the main VI, its SubVI, and the Errors as they pop up. I believe that these errors are not terminal. I believe they have to do with timeout and/or "no data found". Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(8,750 Views)

Here is a screenshot of Error 56.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(8,749 Views)

Hola Don Jose

As probably you already know, error 56 means that a timeout occured and error 363500 means that the remote host ( in this case the http server running on your device) is down or is not able to accept any connections. You can try to use the highlighted execution option to find out if the General Error handler VI is actually clearing the errors, or use the Clear Errors VI to get rid of any errors you may have. You can try to disable the automatic error handler under FILE--> VI PROPERTIES-->EXECUTION too.

At this point I am curious about how fast are you reading the information from you device, remember that even if your device has a http server running on it, it is not a high performance network server. My guessing is that if you are polling out the information too fast,  you are actually performing a Denial of Service Attack to your device ( In this type of attacks is very common that websites go down because a large amount of requests to an HTTP server are being send).

If you use the highlighted execution option, it will slow down the polling speed, and let you verify if the errors appear.

Please let me know.

Saludos

Martin Garcia

National Instruments Costa Rica

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(8,736 Views)

Martin,

Mil gracias. I added a counter that calls the VI every five minutes. So far it looks good.

Thanks for the help.

Jose

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(8,707 Views)
Hola Don Jose

I am very glad to hear that!! Thanks for using our support services, and please if you need more assistance do not hesitate to contact us back

Warm regards

Martin
NICR
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(8,697 Views)

Hi!!! I have the same problem but with SMTP protocols. Maybe you can help me with this... Here's a photo of my VI, what i need to do is that every 20 o 30 minutos the vi sends an email automatically. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,805 Views)

Hi,

Your SMTP Client Send.vi has a timeout value set to 10 seconds (10,000ms), can you try increasing that timeout time? You may be able to set the timeout value to -1 so that it will not timeout.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,797 Views)