LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error

Hi,

I ues Labview for my experiment. After a frequency sweep, I face an error, not always but %80 of the experiments. So, I mean the program doesn't have any error. The frequency sweep range is 40-70 Hz in 120 steps. The sampling rate is 90000 samples per second, I record data for 1 second every step. So, the result matrix is huge(90000*120). The RAM of the laptop is 4GB, could it be the reason?
I've attached a screenshot of the error to this email.

Vahideh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 32
(4,342 Views)

Is there a reason for such a high sampling rate when a sampling rate two orders of magnitude lower would suffice?  (i.e., Hundreds of samples per second and not tens of thousands?)

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 32
(4,322 Views)

Yeah, you are taking way too many samples.  Per Nyquist, in order to see a 70Hz signal, you need to sample at least 140S/s.  I like to use more like 10x instead of 2.  So change your sample rate to more like 1kS/s.  This will reduce the amount of memory you are using by 90x.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 32
(4,317 Views)

Maybe catching transients at the kHz level, come to think of it?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 32
(4,314 Views)

Many thanks for your replies, actually with lower sampling rate, I can'i obtaon good result, So I have to increase the sampling rate, because only in this case my results are in the acceptable range. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 32
(4,300 Views)

We are thinking of buying a new PC with 32Gb RAM and a good processor.but I thought, maybe it wouldn't a good solution. As you that type of PCs are expensive.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 32
(4,296 Views)

@Petar2015 wrote:

Many thanks for your replies, actually with lower sampling rate, I can'i obtaon good result, So I have to increase the sampling rate, because only in this case my results are in the acceptable range. 

That's impossbile.  There's something wrong with the way you are acquiring the signal if that is the case.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 32
(4,294 Views)

So, what are you suggesting? I can perform the experiment without any problems, but sometimes I face this error 😞

After the experiment, when I import those matrices to MATLAB for process, it takes 5-6 minutes time. So I'm thinking of RAM

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 32
(4,290 Views)

I think you have to think about why you can't capture a good signal using the Niquist standard?  (Sampling rate twice the frequency.)  Or even 3x or 4x (280 S/s)?

Edit - or even 10x as was suggested.

Are you actually trying to capture something out of band?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 32
(4,282 Views)

It's sweep, the frequency changes from 40-70, so you mean I adjust the sampling rate to 140.?

Okay, I'm going to try it, though I've tried 1000 before. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 32
(4,276 Views)