LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while sending a setpoint via DeviceNET to Brooks MFC

I was trying to send a setpoint to the Brooks MFC GF125CXXC via explicit messaging and I came up with this error.

"<Set_Attribute_Single> Error Occurred DeviceID: 01, Service Code: 0x94 General Error Code: 0x20, Additional Error Code: 0xFF Error Description: Invaid Parameter ServiceID: 0x10, ClassID: 0x33, InstanceID: 0x01, AttributeID: 0x06"

I notice set attribute in the error message and I looked into the attriute id for setting a point which is 6 and is standardised throughout all the DeviceNET devices. I also check for the service ID which is x10 to send the command. I checked if the vi was getting device ID(MAC) which was also not the reason( The vi was recering  the MAC ID). I also checked for the hex conversions and everything is fine. But the vi still fails to send commands to the MFC with the same error. I am attaching the screenshot of the vi. Please review the attachments. Any help on resolving this issue?

Labview Learner
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,610 Views)

I am using NI-DNET and I am not familiar with the SST DeviceNet hardware and drivers, so I cannot comment on the code, but here are some questions:

• Does this same code work with other MFCs without errors?
  • Can you successfully execute other explicit messages with this MFC, for example read the device type, serial number, etc... (data available via classID 0x30)

If the answer of the questions above is 'yes', you may check if the data type, data units and full scale match your expectation (usually it is INT, Counts and 0x6000)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,554 Views)

i there

1. YEs the same code works with other MFCs with no error.

2. No. All the explicit messages that I send gives me the same error.

Labview Learner
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,542 Views)

Then it is very unlikely that this is caused by a  LabVIEW problem. Even if you have an active polling connection, the device should still accept explicit messages.

I would check mac id, baud rate and all other possible settings and cables. If you have a tool to scan the network, check if you can see the device in the network at all.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,534 Views)