LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while creatiing executable - Error 1502

John,

Below is a description for the "remove unused members" check box:

Remove unused members of project libraries—Specifies to remove unused project library members during the build process. If you place a checkmark in this checkbox, LabVIEW includes only the VIs from the library you call directly from the block diagram. Enabling this option reduces the size of the packed library because LabVIEW does not include the other VIs referenced by the same project library unless the VIs are referenced by other VIs that are part of the build.

Modify project library file after removing unused members—If you select to remove unused members of the project library, place a checkmark in this checkbox to direct LabVIEW to modify the library so that the library file does not refer to the removed members. If you do not modify the project library, the packed library might take longer to build.

Rachel D.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 51 of 65
(2,386 Views)

Thanks Ken I had the exact same errror and your solution was the only one that worked for me! After three days of messing around lol.

I'm still not sure why the error suddenly appeared because it worked fine until I made a few cosmetic changes to the front panel and tried to build a second time.

Jeff

0 Kudos
Message 52 of 65
(2,369 Views)

Hi Jeff,

You're welcome!

I'm glad it helped.

Ken M

Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 53 of 65
(2,363 Views)

Also see here:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/bleep-you-error-1502-shakes-fist/m-p/2252430

Certified LabVIEW Architect
TestScript: Free Python/LabVIEW Connector

One global to rule them all,
One double-click to find them,
One interface to bring them all
and in the panel bind them.
0 Kudos
Message 54 of 65
(2,047 Views)

I had 1502 error caused by a VIs 'required input' which did not show as error even though it should have.  I believe the change from 'recomended' to 'required' was blocked from generating an error because another input was a TypeDef with Auto-Update turned off.  Right-click on VI without error, open, Ctrl-RUN and magically error appears. As a comment the help window was not showing the required input 'bold' as it should have.

0 Kudos
Message 55 of 65
(1,967 Views)

I just ran into this issue in LabVIEW 2012 (non-SP1). Going to try the various solutions listed here now.

EDIT: Unchecking everything on the "Additional Exclusions" page did the trick for me

This issue has been biting people for years. Shouldn't this be CAR'ed and fixed...? Or update the "possible reasons" list in the error message? Or at least have the common causes and solutions documented prominently somewhere? (e.g. in the build specification properties window itself)

Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 56 of 65
(1,873 Views)

I also just ran into this issue in LabVIEW 2012 SP1.

The reason was a case structure connected to a true constant.

The false part will never called. I assume, the compiler removed the false part and cause the error.

After removing the constant and the case structure with the false part the problem is solved.

0 Kudos
Message 57 of 65
(1,798 Views)

I just ran in to this issue today (again). More often than not it's been polymorphic VIs that have caused this error for me. Calling the polymorphic VI instance directly seems to get around the issue, though that defeats the purpose of a polymorphic VI.

Hopefully LV2013's promised "Enhancements to Troubleshooting Errors Encountered While Building an Application" goes some way to at least finding the source of the problem. It'll save me from the tedious Disable block diagram subset - Compile - Compilation Fail - Disable bigger block diagram subset loop when tracking down the offending VIs.

Unless otherwise stated, all code snippets and examples provided
by me are "as is", and are free to use and modify without attribution.
0 Kudos
Message 58 of 65
(1,699 Views)

Hey Michael,

Would you be able to post the code that reproduces this 1502?  It would be great to be able to document some of the cases that we have that can cause this error.  

Thanks,

Kira T

LabVIEW Product Support Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 59 of 65
(1,677 Views)

The attached project and code reliably reproduces the build error on my LV2012 installation.

I've found that if I change the access scope of the Polymorphic Instances folder within in the SVConnections.lvlib library to public, the build works. When it's set as Private, I get build error 1502.

Unless otherwise stated, all code snippets and examples provided
by me are "as is", and are free to use and modify without attribution.
Message 60 of 65
(1,649 Views)