From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while creatiing executable - Error 1502

I would like to get the code to you for debugging, but it is commercial code and I would have to spend a lot of time desanitizing it before I could post it publicly.  Can I send it to one of you directly?

Travis

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 65
(4,745 Views)
Ok, it's ready to go.  Let me know how I can get it to you in a not-open-for-the-world-to-see way.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 65
(4,741 Views)

If you like I can send you an email such that you can attach this VI and send it to me. If you would like to do this, I can pull your email address from your profile with your permission. Do I have permission to look up your contact information so that I can contact you offline?

--Michelle

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 65
(4,720 Views)
goforit
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 65
(4,719 Views)
You have mail!
--Michelle

National Instruments
Message 15 of 65
(4,701 Views)

While not wanting to be "nosy" about the code, it would be nice if you'd care to share some insight about the problem (even in genral terms) and the solution.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 65
(4,689 Views)

It depends on how you look at it, but I've already posted my problem and solution:

Problem:  I ported my 8.5.1-built application to 8.6 and it wouldn't build the *.exe throwing error 1502

Solution:  Uncheck the exe build box called "remove unused members of project libraries"

I guess Michelle is going to look into the cause of the error.  If there are any lessons learned of general interest, I'll be sure to post them if Michelle doesn't.

Message 17 of 65
(4,680 Views)
I had the same error when trying to generate a .dll.  A VI in the dependencies was generating error 1502.  To fix this, I had to replace a case structure with a constant linked to it (to disable  a part of the code) by a diagram disable structure.  Replacing the constant by a control fixed the problem too.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 65
(4,422 Views)

I am using LabVIEW 8.5 and  i got this error this morning. I must say LV error description does not help you at all. At least LV should tell you which VI was bad that it was unable to save without diagram. After spending 6 hours today. Here is what i did. i would delete piece of code, build exe, if failed i deleted more code until the build succeeded. It was frustrating to say the least but finally i got to piece of code where a constant boolean was wired to case structure. I made that constant a control and then all worked. I think the earlier poster said the same thing.

I guess finding the culprit was the hard part. I am posting this because someone may find it helpful how i did it.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 65
(4,313 Views)

I met this problem too.

Finally, I found my problem was caused from the boolean constant (T or F) connected to a case structure.

Instead of this, I changed it to enable/disable structure, like what A Paracha did.

Poyntor.

Message Edited by labmaster on 10-02-2009 08:42 AM
Message 20 of 65
(4,106 Views)