cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while changing the language of front panel to Japanese

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Everybody....

I am trying to change the language of front panel from English to Japanese. For this first I exported the strings through the Tools->Advanced->Export Strings.  After that I changed one of the label to Japanese and saved it with Unicode Encoding (Since with normal ASCII encoding the Japanese texts will not be read). I imported the same file which I saved in Unicode encoding format. But it shows error as given below

"Parsing error while importing strings
to Test Main.vi
from D:\Riyas\Work\X 520\28-11-15\X520 RT-Host 20151127\Strings\Test Main_Import 1.txt
Sat, Nov 28, 2015 11:09:14 AM  ".

(See the attached screen shot of error)

So I tried to import the same file with ASCII encoding itslef then it's successfull. But the problem is the changed label is not in Japanese it shows few question marks. I am able to import the string file saved in ASCII encoded format but, the string file with ASCII encoding won't read Japanes texts. So please help me to solve this. 

Either I need to import a string file saved with Unicode encoding format or anyway to enable Japanese texts in ASCII encoded format.

I have modified the configuration settings to enable the Unicode format as follows 'UseUnicode=TRUE'. I am using Labview 2014.

Thanks .......

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,281 Views)

One thing you probably want to do is keep the labels English and use Unicode captions, instead.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,267 Views)

My requirement is to change the language of labels in front panel. Is there any way to export Caption settings and label settings seperately?Currently I am only able to export both together. Also when I import the unicode file which does not contains unicode characters it shows the same error.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,224 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Riyas_LabVIEW

@racahmd wrote:

My requirement is to change the language of labels in front panel. Is there any way to export Caption settings and label settings seperately?Currently I am only able to export both together. Also when I import the unicode file which does not contains unicode characters it shows the same error.

Maybe the requirement is statesd as such because the people who wrote the requirement had no idea you can keep the labels the same but change the captions only.  Changing labels is a massive effort that could have profound ramifications to the code itself.  Not so with a caption.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,206 Views)