LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error using runtime engine Labview 7.0 "xx.vi is not a valid win32 application"

Hey, i would like to run some vi's without installing labview. Therefore I downloaded the runtime engine Labview7.0 from the
ni site. My second step was to mass compile my vi on the PC with labview. The third step was to copy the folder under the same path
on the PC with the runtime engine.

Result if I want to run my vi I got the message"xx.vi is not a valid win32 application".

Do I need to do some extra steps beside installing the runtime engine???
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,417 Views)
Did you just do a mass compile or did you use the app builder to create an exe? If you did not use the app builder, you cannot use the run-time engine for a VI.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,414 Views)
Hey Alex,

Like Dennis said, you first have to use the Application Builder to create an *.exe based on your *.vi code. It is impossible to run *.vi's as stand alone applications. Once you have build the *.exe, you can run the code when only the LabVIEW runtime engine is installed.

Depending on which version of LabVIEW you are using, the application builder comes by standard with the package. The professional version includes the Application Builder, none of the other do. In this case you can attain it separately.

Kind Regards,
Wouter
NI Belgium
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,405 Views)