LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error trying to initialize hardware session

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm receiving an error when trying to initialize a hardware session so that I can control my PXI 4110 cards.  I've attached a screenshot of the code that I'm running along with the error message that pops up.  I've used this code before on a seperate yet identical system and received no errors.  I'm trying to deploy this code onto a real time system running Pharlap or whatever it's called now.  The real time system is hooked through a MXI card in a PXI chassis containing the power cards.  I'm running LabVIEW 2012.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,616 Views)

Hi adam156,

Do you have System Config deployed to your Real-Time target? Are you using NI-DCPower? Do you have NI-DC Power deployed to the Real-Time Target? If you are missing any of these steps, you can download the DC Power driver from the previous link and/or enter the "LabVIEW Real-Time Installation Wizard" and ensure that these drivers are pushed to the target.

Best,

Jason M.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 7
(3,581 Views)

I'm looking through my LabVIEW Real-Time Software Wizard, and I can confirm that NI-DCPower 1.6.4, NI System Configuration Remote Support 5.3.1, and NI System Configuration 5.3.0 have been installed on the real time target as shown in the attached screenshot.  Actually, I've tried to  make sure that I've installed everything that I possibly can on the real time target to avoid issues like this, but maybe there's something that I'm still missing.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,575 Views)

One more thing I've noticed just recently is that if I run this vi without having the project that it belongs  to open, it runs succeessfully.  I even used property nodes to make sure that the correct hardware resources are being initialized, and they appear to be correct.  I absolutely have to have this vi work as a part of my project though.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,566 Views)

I have still not found a way to make this VI function properly while its project is open.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,519 Views)

Could you post a screenshot of your project explorer window? Since this seems to be what is giving you issues, I'd be interested to see how your project structure is set up.

Message 6 of 7
(3,505 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author adams156

Actually, I just got on the phone with an NI representative today, and he asked me to set my target to local host rather than my real time machine, and for some reason that appears to have fixed the problem.  Even the rep wasn't really sure why that would fix it, but it did.  Thank you very much for your responses though.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,500 Views)