LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error ring excluded in executable?

Sure, if you share a reference (DVR), you have to make sure that no client destroys the reference while other clients are still using it. But this should not be an argument against sharing a reference, shouldn't it? For example, you can "hide" the reference in methods of objects and use access rights to control which client can do what (read, write, destroy, etc.).

In our project we implemented a shared memory which is a LabVIEW object and all clients own a DVR pointing to the object. Reads and writes of the shared memory are done via IPEs.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25
(1,094 Views)

A class DVR is the basis of G# to make it reference based and all data modification functions uses the IPS to modify data since it also encompasses a semaphor function. We have had no issues so far in that regard.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 25
(1,016 Views)

Hi Peter,

I have filed CAR 522606 for this Error Ring issue. Thanks for reporting it and for the nice example.

Best Regards,

Nathan Burke

Product Support Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments | Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 25
(970 Views)

@NateBraska wrote:

I have filed CAR 522606 for this Error Ring issue. Thanks for reporting it and for the nice example. 

Smiley Frustrated  I might have come to the party late, but I think it is clear that this is a compiler optomization problem, not an error ring issue.  I hope whoever looks into this reads this thread and realizes that.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 25
(953 Views)

CAR 522606 was fixed in LabVIEW 2017.

--------------------------------------
Message 25 of 25
(552 Views)