From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error reading xls file

How do we use NI DAQ mx to create the continuous waveform from the data i have.
                  I am already able to get the one cycle waveform.Can you help in making it continuous.??
Thanks,
Bharath
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 27
(1,271 Views)

Try running the shipping example called Cont Gen Voltage Wfm-Int Cll-On-Board Regeneration.

You should also check out Getting Started with DAQmx.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 27
(1,256 Views)
When I'm excuting the example of "Cont Gen Voltage Wfm-Int Cll-On-Board Regeneration" the VI is not running and it is giving the errors like Device identifier is invalid and the device is DEV1.
        Why this problem is coming and any body tell me the solution please?

Bharath
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 27
(1,234 Views)
What kind of DAQ device do you have? In an earlier post, you said you had no hardware except for a terminal block. If you have a valid DAQmx device, you should be able to click on the physical channel control (the arrow on the right side) and pick between the devices that are present. If you have an empty list, you have no installed devices.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 27
(1,232 Views)
Sir,
     can you please suggest some DAQ device which can interface with my waveform generator to generate the waveform as analog output in laboratory environment.

Can you please how the hardware and software combination should be for the external waveform or signal generation??
     Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 27
(1,200 Views)

I'd rather not be the one to tell you what DAQ device to buy. You can do some searching yourself by going to http://www.ni.com/dataacquisition/. One thing, you want a DAQ device that has hardware timed analog output. The least expensive DAQ devices such as the USB-6008 and USB-6009 are software timed and that will make it not only more difficult to just wire a waveform to a DAQmx Write function, it will make the output waveform timing very unreliable. I would suggest that you call NI directly or your local sales engineer.

I'm still a bit confused why you started this whole thread in the first place if you didn't already have a DAQ device.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 27
(1,192 Views)
Maybe he was hoping to use a simulated DAQ device just to get the program working? Doesn't make much sense to me either, though.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 27
(1,183 Views)