LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error "character set not supported by the Internet Service…" when I use SMTP to send multiple attachments.

Hello

I got this problem when I send Email using SMTP. I am able to send the Message and the multiple attachments. But the recipient gets the email with this message

“This message uses a character set that is not supported by the Internet Service.  To view the original message content, open the attached message. If the text doesn't display correctly, save the attachment to disk, and then open it using a viewer that can display the original character set.”

In the attachment that recipient receive is only one file and in that file there are all attached files data along with other information such as:

“Received: from XYZ  with SMTP (Microsoft Exchange Internet Mail Service Version 5.5.2653.13)

id T5KY41PZ; Fri, 6 Oct 2006 16:46:22 -0400

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="LabVIEW_SMTP_MIME_Boundary"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

To: xyz.com

Subject: ErrorLogs Files

Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 16:46:20 -0400

--LabVIEW_SMTP_MIME_Boundary

Content-Type: text/plain; charset="%s"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable   

I want to see all attached files separately  

If any one know the solution please guide me to solve this problem. I send the link of the library I used for this application and I use “SMTP Send Multiple Attachments.vi” to send multiple attachments.

Thank you,

Amit

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,152 Views)
Amit,
      Does sending an email without attachments work well?  What about a single attachment?  Have you tried sending it to different email servers to see if the error is localized?  Also try disabling any anti-virus software on the recipient's computer.

Thanks,

Nathan
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,142 Views)

Hello Nathan

Yes, sending an email without attachments work good as well a single attachment.  But  when I use Multiple attachment the problem comes.  I have not  tried sending it to different email servers with ant virus disable. That is good point. I have yahoo account but I do not know the email server name. If you know please let me know so I can test it.
Thanks for you help,

Nathan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,139 Views)
Amit,

I was able to find this information on Yahoo.com about how to set up SMTP using Yahoo.  I would try what Nathan suggested using the SMTP address and see if that helps.  What version of LabVIEW and on what OS are you operating?  Is there any particular reason why you are using the old SMTP library instead of the ones on the palette?  Please let me know.

Thanks!
Andy F.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
National Instruments
Message 4 of 6
(3,128 Views)

Hello Andy

Let me try the SMTP library instead of the ones on the palette. I try  what Nathan suggested using the SMTP but same problem.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,122 Views)

Thank you for sharing your knowledge Nathan and Andy.

I had two location for SMTP library one was old and other was new in the vi.llb folder. The New SMTP library worked.

It solved problem I was getting.

Thank you

Message Edited by amittpatel@yahoo.com on 10-11-2006 11:18 AM

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,112 Views)