LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message 404

Hello NelsonLin,

This error in the Event Viewer means that a client requested a port mapping from the NI Service Locator and that service has not been loaded, yet.  404 is a standard response. This error is benign and won't affect your system in any way, so you can disregard it.

Regards,
Daniel REDS
RF Systems Engineer

Help us grow.
If a post solves your question, mark it as The Solution.
If a post helps, give Kudos to it.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 28
(1,239 Views)

I have been getting this error 45 times every boot.  "LabView" is the source, although I do not have labview installed.  

Event ID 3299

LabVIEW information: Error: 404 "Not Found" for "national instruments/ni-rpc/interface/eadfc80d-1e6f-425b-8986-12ccef98f646/ncalrpc", file "c:/program files/national instruments/shared/ni webserver/www/national instruments/ni-rpc/interface/eadfc80d-1e6f-425b-8986-12ccef98f646/ncalrpc": Can't access URL .

Although you say this error is begnign to labview, it it not begnign to the operation of the system.  It is not acceptable to have 45 error messages filling the event viewer at every boot, citing a 'source' that is not even installed on the computer (LabView).  

How can we prevent this message from being entered into the event viewer?

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 28
(1,201 Views)

Hello drlava,

Try disabling the NI System Web Server service. This should be the one that makes the calls to the resource that it can't find. (Run » services.msc)

Regards,
Daniel REDS
RF Systems Engineer

Help us grow.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 28
(1,182 Views)

Thank you for the suggestion.  This might get rid of the errors, but it also prevents use of the DAQs I am using, due to the fact that the NI device loader service requires the NI system web server to be running in order to function.  The NI device loader service is required to detect and use my national instruments USB-6343 devices.  The end result is that no DAQs are detected if I stop the NI system web server service.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 28
(1,169 Views)

Hello drlava,

Why do you say that this error is not benign to the OS? Are you experiencing significant lag or some other performance decrease that you think this error might be the cause of? This error has been reported under CAR # 230704 and our R&D department is well aware of this and will fix it eventually.

Regards,
Daniel REDS
RF Systems Engineer

Help us grow.
Message 25 of 28
(1,152 Views)

Hi, thank you for reporting it to the right people.  The reason I say it's not begnign to the OS, is that you have to look at it from a real world operations perspective.  When I pass my computer off to IT for work, for example due to it having bootup problems, the dozens of errors from this in the log muck up the identification of the true boot problem as they are a big 'red flag' to IT.  Errors being generated, however 'begnign', indicate that an unexpected situation has arisn and to any IT professional trying to diagnose computer issues these errors are an indicator of problems with the installed software.  

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 28
(1,134 Views)

Hello drlava,

It makes sense. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will send the notification to the right people.

Regards,
Daniel REDS
RF Systems Engineer

Help us grow.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 28
(1,124 Views)

I solved this problem on Windows 7.

I had to delay the startup of several services.

See attachment.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 28
(820 Views)