LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error loading EthernetIPInterface.dll: Missing export 'FreeSid'

I have a Real-Time Application that I have built that is being deployed to a NI PXIe-8133 controller.  I have successfully built the application with no errors.  I can run the built application from a development computer and it works as intended.  However, when I deploy the application to the PXI controller and run the application as startup on the PXI, I receive the following error: Error loading 'ethernetIPInterface.dll' : Missing export 'FreeSid' from ADVAPI32.dll'. I have attached a picture of a screen shot of the PXI.  I have also attached a picture of the software that is installed on the PXI. 

I noticed in version 1.2.0 of NI-Industrial Communications for Ethernet/IP there was a fix for an error that is pretty similar to what I am experiencing.  The readme file for version 1.2.0 reads: Bug ID 305672 Resolved a problem that EthernetIPInterface.dll is not exported when building an EIP windows application.  This sounds similar to my problem except that my problem says that 'FreeSid' is missing export.  And I am using version 1.2.0 of NI-Industrial Communications for Ethernet/IP.  I have thought about upgrading, but I would rather not if I don't have to.

If anyone has any thoughts that would be great.

Thank you,

Shoe

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,909 Views)

Hi ShoeMakesMusic,

This isn't exactly the same issue you were running into, but I'd be curious to see whether the same solution resolves your issue. Basically, you uncheck a certain option when building the RT EXE, and it prevents the program from trying to open files that aren't included in your build.

Kathryn K.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
http://ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,853 Views)

Thanks for the reply.  I checked to see if that option was selected.  Unfortunately, it was already checked.  I am still having this issue.  

thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,842 Views)