From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error list and class hierarchy unexpected refresh

I'm running LabVIEW 2013 Service Pack 1

There is an irritating issue that I am sure I have never come across before, in that the Error list, class hierarchy window, VI hierarchy window, and I am sure other UI elements are refreshing themselves every few seconds.

For example:

Open the class/VI hierarchy window and browse around. In a couple of seconds the pane will refresh its position to hte top left corner.

Ensure that the error window has enough errors and warnings (show warnings is reccommended!) that it shows a scrollbar. Scroll down and sellect/highlight an item (this happens naturally if you ctrl-L from a VI). Scroll up/down the list and in a couple of seconds the list focus will move back to the highlighted item.

This is really, REALLY irritating me with refactoring a large project. Has anyone else seen this, and is it fixable?

(2,353 Views)

That's some pretty strange behaviour, just tried to test it on a machine with 2013 SP1 and another with just 2013; but this behaviour wasn't observed?

Aside from the standard steps like restarting LabVIEW, or turning your machine on/off; you could try do a repair operation on LabVIEW to correct this?

Hopefully someoneone else can pitch in who has experienced similar behaviour recently...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,313 Views)
I have this same problem on two different installations of LabVIEW 2011. It seems to be independent of the size of the project.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,191 Views)