Hi....
I am working on a programm which was developed in Version 6.1. I am
currently working with Version 7.1 and I get the errors in the
following VI;
-General Error Handler
-Error Code Database
General Error Handler CORE

I've been trying to solve my problem with the following posts;

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/A87185BF42937DE986256CB0006CA387?OpenDocument

http://groups.google.de/group/comp.lang.labview/browse_thread/thread/fb2c52fd4f089517/75d7b00ac66509fb?q=error+code+database&rnum=1#75d7b00ac66509fb

It did work the first time after Reinstalling Version 7.1. It hasnt
worked since.

I tried replacing by right-clicking it on the block diagram, choose
"Replace" and then
browse to the "Simple Error Handler.vi" in the palette.

And i also did : ("File » Save with Options... » Include vi.lib
files")

can anyone help me???

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,531 Views)

These are the files you are talking about:

1. C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\vi.lib\Utility\error.llb\Error Code Database.vi
    2. C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\vi.lib\Utility\error.llb\General Error Handler CORE.vi
    3. C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\vi.lib\Utility\error.llb\General Error Handler.vi
      and possibly
    4. C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\vi.lib\Utility\error.llb\Simple Error Handler.vi

Close out ALL open VIs and then go to the files listed above and open them in the order shown.

Then open the VIs that are linked to the wrong files. Do a save all and it should be fixed (as long as you did not save the older 6.1 versions of the files into the v7.1 LLBs - if you did do that, let us know and we can post copies of the v7.1 files here and you can then save the into the v7.1 LLB).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,516 Views)
Hi

it did work!!!

thank you very much for the help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,507 Views)