cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Project

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi forum,

i have a wired and big problem my project is not more working. I build my application with a front vi where i can selcect the input channels, this works fine.

But as soon i open the complete project with the front vi i cant select anymore any channel/ task or costume scale and the vi is not more running, as soon i press the stop button the appication ends with the attached error message. 

I tried to creat a new vi then creat a project from this vi and the same problem.

Please help 

best martin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(2,883 Views)

here one example the vi alone works fine open it within a project not working

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(2,879 Views)

@Martin88 wrote:

Hi forum,

i have a wired and big problem my project is not more working. I build my application with a front vi where i can selcect the input channels, this works fine.

But as soon i open the complete project with the front vi i cant select anymore any channel/ task or costume scale and the vi is not more running, as soon i press the stop button the appication ends with the attached error message. 

I tried to creat a new vi then creat a project from this vi and the same problem.

Please help 

best martin

Can you please explain what do you mean by "open complete project" and what is the difference comes with the built application.

From the error I believe you are running the whole loop all the time with the error but as soon as you hit the stop button you get the pop-up message (due to Automatic error handler enabled in your VI). The error should have occurred while configuring the clock, check the clock configuration once again and also check whether you are passing a valid task. create an error indicator after clearing the task (To avoid pop-up error message).

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(2,853 Views)

Hi thanks for your answer,

i mean i can open a vi alone without opening the project, here i can select the channels and tasks, but as soon i create a project with this vi i cant select anymore channels.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(2,850 Views)

There will not be any change in selecting the task or channel when you open it alone or within a project. Do you have any Target where you have the task and your VI may be residing in your My computer section?

-----

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(2,845 Views)

thats why i dont understand it. I cant even select any target task or channel in the project,  using the vi alone it works fine i also dont get this error message. What do you mean with residing in your my computer section how i can check this?

thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(2,841 Views)

just did a ni update looks like its woking. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(2,825 Views)

When you see your project structure, you have the Project on top and below that you have My computer. Suppose if you have an RT target you will have to add that to your project and that will appear under the project similar to the My computer. So if you have the task in RT then the VI must be created in the RT target and your project will show your VI under the target and not the My computer. Clear like a mud? 🙂

-----

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(2,822 Views)

Hi forum,

its again not working and has the same issue, the daq create virtuall channel is only working in my main.vi as soon i open the project i can select anymore the channels or tasks and get the error message:

Error -229771 occurred at DAQmx Create Channel (AI-Voltage-Basic).vi:1780003

Possible reason(s):

Internal Software Error occurred in MIG software. Please contact National Instruments Support.

Task Name: _unnamedTask<7>

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,755 Views)

Please post a screen shot of your project where you have the main VI. Also attach the main VI if possible, so that its easy to find out the root cause.

-----

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,750 Views)