LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in IMAQ Grab Acquire.vi when using an external trigger on a NI PCIe-1433 card (sync issue?)

Solved!
Go to solution

As per my recent post about getting up and running with the NI PCIe-1433 camera link card I've run into a bit of a snag.

When using the internal trigger on the camera, everything works 100%. I can view all the data coming back from the camera in MAX as well as in my labview project. However, whenever I switch to the external trigger mode is where things start falling apart.

What I've confirmed:

- Camera is indeed switching between internal and external triggering.

- NI PCIe-1433 camera link card is properly configured. While in external mode I can trigger the camera using a function generator and view the feed in MAX. Everything works fine.

When the camera is in external mode, my VI errors out at the IMAQ Grab Acquire.vi function. The error is as follows:

Code: -1074397150

The possible reasons designate a timeout.

Now, I have it setup so that an error here will not terminate the LabVIEW file. Occasionally, good data makes it though ( about every ten seconds-ish ). So what seems to be happening is that this external trigger signal is not in alignment with when the grab is attempted. Is there a way to sync these? Maybe reference the external trigger signal somehow in my LabVIEW project so that the grab is only run when that trigger pulses?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,157 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JasonTraud

So I solved my own issue. It was timing out. The external triggering that I was using for the device was just too slow. I was originally using a trigger of 2 Hz to be able to visually see the values changing on the LabVIEW probes. But this was in sufficient to get enough data to travel over the camera link cable to assemble an image and it kept on timing out. Moving up to 9 kHz solved the issue. No adjustments to the camera settings nor the LabVIEW code was required.

Message 2 of 4
(3,144 Views)

Thanks for posting your solution.

Michael Bilyk
Former NI Software Engineer (IT)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,114 Views)

I am using PCIe-1433 card and a camera link. I want to do external triggering but my program is not working.
Can you please send yours so I can take a look?

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,904 Views)