From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Compiling onto FPGA

When I try to compile my FPGA code generated from the FPGA wizard I get this error

An error occurred attempting to connect to this compile server.

Details:
LabVIEW: An exception occurred within the external code called by a Call Library Function Node. The exception might have corrupted the LabVIEW memory. Save any work to a new location and restart LabVIEW.

I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling xilinx

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,328 Views)

Hi JJJschool,

What hardware and version of the compile tools are you using?

Have you tried building the project without the wizard?  Here is some more information if you're not familiar with that process.

Also, could you upload a screen shot of the error and a MAX Technical Report?

Thanks,

Dave C.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,297 Views)

Labview 12.0

Xilinx 13_4

I've only attempted to compile code created by the wizard

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,285 Views)

Could you tell us what hardware you're using?  Hardware using Virtex II FPGAs require the Xilinx 10.1 compile tools.

Next, I'd recommend checking to see if port 3580 is being blocked by a firewall or antivirus software.  You can check by typing http://localhost:3580 into your web browser address bar.  

If you have the right Xilinx tools and port 3580 is open, I recommend building your project without using the wizard and reattempting the compilation.

Let us know what you find. 

Dave C.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,241 Views)