LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error file read in Applcation builder

Hello all,

I am using labview 7.1, Application builder ,Imaq vision 7.1 activated on windows 2000  professional operating system ,

when I run the vi included on labview it works, but when it is run using application builder it gives the error saying that the file vi does not exits pls help me in this.

I have included the VI on work.

With regards,

poornima
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(2,844 Views)

Hello

I have attached a wrong Vi file in the earlier pls find the file attached .

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(2,838 Views)

Hello,

I am not sure I understand your problem. It sounds like you are able to run the VI with no problems. Do you get an error when trying to build an executable or when actually running the built executable? Also, any more information on the error you receive (the text of the error message, error message number, etc…) will help. Thanks!

Regards,

Chris J

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(2,815 Views)
You have stumbled across a very common error with executables. The problem is that the path to the data file you are opening is set relative to the default directory. The default directory, in turn is defined in LV's ini file.  Now when you build an executable the LV runtime looks in the ini file for your built application (yes it does have one!) to find the setting for the default directory. Now unless you have explicitly set it, the runtime engine will set some sort of default (like c:\ or the directory where it's installed) whereas the standard default directory setting for LV is the directory where it's installed (like c:\program files\national instruments\labview 7.1).

The result is that built version is probibly looking in the wrong place for the file. Try putting an indicator on the path after its assembled to see where it's pointing in the standalone executable.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(2,812 Views)
PS: once we get this initial problem fixed there are some structural issues in the code that we'll want to talk about too...

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(2,810 Views)
Hello mike,

I tried by putting an indicator to the path in between as you suggested it pops up error " error occured at open file+vi. File dialog", sometimes it also pops the save as wizard twice to search for the file. 

When i did the same by giving the file path as constant path for file which is already exists works both in labview and application builder. 

With regards,
poornima
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(2,805 Views)
Hello,

pls help me in fixing the problem.

Message Edited by anusree on 07-28-2005 04:55 AM

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(2,797 Views)

There are three problems that you need to address immediately.

First, you generate the path to the same file in four different places. Get the path one time and wire it everyplace it should go.

Second, as I suspected there is an error in the way the paths are derived. Basically you logic is backwards. If you straighten out the wires that are all crossed over each other, the one you have labeled for development is only selected when the app.kind is not "Development System", likewise the path you have labeled for executable is only selected when the app.kind is "Development System".

Third, given the simplicity of this application it would probibly be good to base the path to setup file relative to the location of the VI itself. Use the "Current VI's Path" node and strip it one time to get the path for the development environment, or strip it twice to get the path for the executable. With this logic as long as the configuration file is in the same directory as this VI, or the executable, you're golden.

Take care of those things and see if they help. Then if you're still having problems, repost your modified code.

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(2,776 Views)

Hello Mike,

Thanks for suggestion,

when I do as first suggestion the file missing error pops up in the labview run itself, The error number is 7

I have straighten the wiring and posted sorry I could not understand the third suggestion, This is the change which has to be made while creating the set up file

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,764 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,764 Views)