LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error executable

Hello. 

When executing the program with emulator of Pocket pc 2003 it leaves me this error: Unsupported control-knob, 1640. 
It doesn't cause it to him. 

Can somebody help me?
The program reads of the port COM the sentence nmea of the gps and it extracts a part of the sentence.

Thanks, Greta
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,370 Views)

Hello Greta,

If I build a executable from your LLB it runs OK !  (LV7.1 and XP)

In your main VI you have the selection for COM port and baudrate inside the while-loop without a dataflow. In the way you build it you have in the while-loop your own sub VI, a case for the baudrate and the com-port open function. The order of execution of these 3 is random !!

It is better to open the COM port outside the while-loop. You only have to open the port once (unless you want to change COM port number and/or baudrate during execution) I don’t think it is the cause of the problem with the ‘control-knob’ but it will lead to other problems.

You also should consider using the VISA serial function.

Exe and changed LLB are in the ZIP

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,357 Views)

Hello KC.    Smiley Happy

With LV7.1 and XP doesn't work me. I have changed COM to VISA and now if it works me with LV7.1. 

If I compile it with the Pocket pc me continuous leaving the error: Unsupported control-knob, 1640. 
Do you know that it is this error? 

Thank you. 
Greta

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,332 Views)

Hello Greta,

No, like i said I don't think the possible errors in your diagram have to do with your error.

Sorry, can't help with this error.

A suggestion: replace the controls on your frontpanels (all VI's) with LV controls even it is the same one. Perhaps one of them is causing the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,326 Views)