From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during build

during the process of making build of previous version(6.1) files in the new version(7.1) i had the following error
Error 7 occurred at source does not exist
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,309 Views)

Its better you Mass Compile your VI's that were originally on 6.1, using LabVIEW 7.1 before building an exe.

Regards

Dev

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,303 Views)
I m first mass compile the vi files which were earlier in 6.1 version then i made a build using 7.1 version i got the previously mentioned error
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,302 Views)

Error 7 is the "file not found" error, which means that LabVIEW can not find a VI at the specified location you have given it. Can you run the VI in LabVIEW 7.1 without errors? The is a Knowledgebase on this issue as well, which I have linked here. Basically, you just need to make sure that you are not moving files around after you are making the upgrade of your VIs. This applies for DLLs, too, if you are using any. If your VI runs in LabVIEW 7.1 without any trouble, then perhaps you are attempting to include support files with your application that are not at the location you specified. What is the full error message? It may give you a clue as to what VI/DLL LabVIEW can not find.

Kind Regards,

E. Sulzer
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,287 Views)