cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error deploying shared variable library

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am having a problem with the deployment of my shared variable library in the .exe.  I have installed my application one two individual computers.  On one my library deploys as it should and on the other I get an error message as shown below:

Error Message.PNG

Here is the code that the error occurs in:

Deploy Shared Variable Library.png

I have checked the path and name and they are the same on both computers, which is:

Inputs.png

Both computers are brand new and have had only my application installed from the install I built and as I said early one of the systems works fine so everything that is required must be installed.

Both computers are Windows 7 64 bit. My application was developed using LEVELS and Distributed System Manager 2010 is being installed on the computers.   However one is has windows installed from Dell and the other done by my IT department using our corporate Image (which is the one that is not working).

The only thing I have tried is to turn off the firewall and added the indicators to the front panel to show me what was being input for a path and name.

I have also attached the my library file.

I have read a few of the other posts, but there did not seem to be a consensus of the resolution to the problem and they were from 2008.  I have hoping somebody can supply me with a fix to this problem.

Terry

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,826 Views)

Hi,

This error can occur if you are attempting to programmatically deploy a shared variable without the Shared Variable Engine installed on your computer. To ensure that the Shared Variable Engine is installed, you can include it as an additional installer when creating your installer build specification in LabVIEW. You also have the option of downloading and installing the LabVIEW Runtime Engine and all support files, including the Shared Variable Engine, from our website at the page linked below.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,795 Views)

Wouldn't the fact that the everything works on one computer and not the other be proof that I have everything that is required installed? I am using the same installer that I built.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,789 Views)

Hi,

Could you give more information about the hardware that you are using?

Have you reviewed if there is a protection on the network that can filter the data to the computer that has communication problems?

Could you review in MAX if you have the same software installed in both computers?

Have a great day!!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,768 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Terry_S

This is a follow up to the solution of my issue.  I discovered that there was an issue with the install with this one computer.  Working with an NI Application Engineer, I was asked to perform a forced reinstall of my application and this solved the problem.  Here is the link on how to do this.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/ADD22E807D5A12AD862579EC00760F79?OpenDocument

Terry.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,746 Views)

I have the same problem (error 1 in deploy\undeploy librairy - see attchement). I am not able to run my application using DSC and I\O server on blank PC.

To sum up my issue :

I fisrtly install my application (with an installer including my Application + Labview RT + enhanded DSC RT + NI variable engine on PC1

I forced to reinstall this installer on the PC1. The application do not work on PC1.

I wonder why because It works on runtime mode on a PC2 where all the Labview developpement environnement (including the DSC module) .

Could you help me ?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,495 Views)

The only thing I can suggest is make sure the path and address that you have wired into the deploy library are indeed the path to the library.     What I have done in the past is to create an temporary indicators that will display the path and and address in your application. Then create you executable and run it on PC1, these indicators should display the path the software is expecting to find the library.  If you have used the Current VI's path to create the path, you will notice that path contains the .exe file, this will give you an error. Remove these indictors when you have the path issues fixed.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,489 Views)