LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error creating veristand custom control containing mathematics sub VIs

I am trying to build a veristand custom control using this tutorial.  I get the following error. If I check remove unused members of project libraries I can get the build to finish but when I open veristand other custom controls are broken. What is the best way to handle this?

custom control build error.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,839 Views)

Have you tried moving the original source files to a location other than your Program Files, or changing the destination directory?

Mena S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,799 Views)

I tried to copy just the VIs that I was using into my project directory and the entire math library was then included in my project. This seemed to work, however if I need to use math VIs in other custom controls I think I will be adding copies of the math library for each one in the custom control llb.

I did not try changing the destination directy since I was following the tutorials directions.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,791 Views)

What version of LabVIEW are you using?

The following KnowledgeBase article seems to be directly related to this issue. There are three possible resolutions mentioned depending on your version of LabVIEW and whether the mnu file needs to be included in the llb or not.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/051F1533145089A1862578B80060D93B

Mena S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,774 Views)

I'm using Labview 2014. The odd thing is, I don't have the same issue with other vi.lib libraries such as the picture library. If I use the solution in the second bullet point, I can build the llb for this custom workspace control but it breaks the other workspace controls because it will no longer include VIs from libraries used by them. 

I will try number 3 when I get the chance. My workaround was to build this llb first with the option checked to remove unused members of project libraries and the rebuild the other custom worksapce controls that were broken from this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,735 Views)