cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code -2147217900 Typo

Solved!
Go to solution

NI,

Can you fix the typo in the error source for code -2147217900? (Occured should be occurred)

<ERR>ADO Error: 0x80040E14
Exception occured in Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]

CLD Certified 2014
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,006 Views)

DrexelDragon,

I just checked into this a little closer. This problem was reported back in 2008 and examined by R&D. It is not a native LabVIEW error and therefore we cannot fix it. It is a third party error message that is simply passed along by LabVIEW. We appreciate your feedback and I wish there was more I could do to help.

Alex W.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,941 Views)

@ADrexelDragon wrote:

NI,

Can you fix the typo in the error source for code -2147217900? (Occured should be occurred)

<ERR>ADO Error: 0x80040E14
Exception occured in Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]

Its Microsoft's typo.  NI has no means to fix MS software products.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,933 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ADrexelDragon

I'm guessing this is a problem because you display the error message to the user and it doesn't look professional to have typos in the error message...

...as a workaround for this specific case, you could simply do a 'find and replace' on 'occured' with 'occurred' on the error source.

Something like this should work:

FixTypo.png

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 4 of 5
(5,931 Views)

Thank you for the quick response. I couldn't find anything related to this error code.

I thought it was something generated by the database toolkit, not specific to Microsoft.

CLD Certified 2014
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,912 Views)