LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code -12 "The build was unsuccessful"

Hi,

I have written a basic VI that takes photos using the in-built webcam of a laptop.

However, when I try to create an installer so that non-LV users can also open it, I get this error

Build error -12.PNG

Here are the details:-

Click the link below to visit the Application Builder support page. Use the following information as a reference:

CDK_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller >> CDK_Build_Invoke.vi >> CDK_Engine_Main.vi >> IB_MSI.lvclass:Build.vi >> IB_MSI.lvclass:Engine_Build.vi >> NI_MDF.lvlib:MDFBuildDist_Build.vi

The following errors and warnings were recorded during the build:

Error:
An internal Windows function returned an error.
Code:

I tried rebooting, etc., etc., but no luck.

Please look into this and help.

Thanks and regards,

Shlok

I have attached my project, please take a look at this issue

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,226 Views)

Attaching my project in this post.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,224 Views)

You mention creating an installer but I assume you mean an EXE.  If so, check out the solution in this post.  This was a Labview 2012 error that apparently quite a few people were experiencing.  It may have been fixed in later versions of Labview but it basically requires that you don't have the project directory open in Windows Explorer during the EXE build process.  Unfortunately, I can't open your file to look for other issues.  Good luck.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Getting-Vague-Build-Error-When-Making-Executable/m-p/3196611#M926370

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,194 Views)

Oh sorry, I attached an older version of my project. Attaching the new one in this.

The installer's name is CamSetup.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,154 Views)